Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Repurposed find!

Earring conversion that is sooooo easy, you just might leap for joy!

 I love blue and I love any flower that is a daisy or looks similar to one.  So when I saw this cute little earring sitting in a box I knew I must have it.  It's a loner but that was okay because my first thought was glue it to a frame or something.  The other great thing about it was it is a clip on earring, which I love those things, they go on and off so quickly.  To be honest I am not sure why it is so hard to find them anymore.

While I was poking around in the little dollar basket for a nice pin.  Old blouse pins had become a new obsession for me they are so shiny and colorful.  And then BAM!  an idea slapped me upside the head, why not clip that cute little pin to my shirt and just like that.  I repurposed a truly fabulous earring into a pin without a single drop of glue, no twist of the pliers, and no hammer to break apart.

These are my most favorite kind of re-purpose, one that is easy, quick, and fun!  One that will take a single earring that sat inside a jewelry box all alone (sniff sniff) and then tossed away, but now has a new home on my jackets and plain old shirts!
And here it is clipped to my shirt, this one is tiny, but everyone noticed my cute little blue flower on my shirt.  The best thing about these is that they don't poke holes in your shirt, and there is no little magnet to get knocked down your shirt.  So enjoy searching the little bins for new pins!

No comments:

Post a Comment